Followers

Friday 1 November 2013

Pilgrim RIP

October 31st 2013, a day to remember for everyone concerned with Barracuda/Bramwell Pub Group, sadly the company has gone into liquidation, 30 of the 160 pubs were closed and assets ceased today. One of those pubs was The Pilgrim, My old pub, I left there in Aug 2012, after 2 very successful years with a selection of the best teams I have ever had the pleasure of working, training and managing with. From when I joined Barracuda in 2005 the April that year I was approached to become a Kitchen Manager working for General Manager Damene Hepworth. A fruitful few years passed until Dom left allowing a space for a GM, I Arranged an interview for Peter Dooley who to my delight got the job and again I was able to work with him for the second time.

Whilst working here I met my partner of very nearly 8 years, I worked with several relief managers, Ben, Dan Holton, and Gary Hazelwood.

I worked my way from Kitchen manager to Company Trainer via Alison Pardoe, Terry Titley, & Martin Smith.

Working after that with Mark Rush, Kate and Fiona I learnt a lot and enjoyed every second of every minute over the country from Acklam Middlesborough to Elsecar to Harbourne.

I owe a lot to Steve Welsh who nurtured me through and gave a lot of faith in my ability. I also owe a lot to the Rileys, Rupert and Kay who were always there for me.

My appointment to the Pilgrim was challenging, a relocation to London, a small under performing pub completely out of my comfort zone, my team and I turned the place around and we had the place taking more than it ever did. We only ever had a small team but being a small suburban community pub we relied heavily on good standards and the fantastic local support. Having a baby and leaving was the hardest decision I ever made and a decision I have long regretted, I never wanted to leave but the circumstances were to hard, it ended up being one of the best choices I made, but still looking back we had unfinished business, the Pilgrim and all those associated with it will always be precious to me.

Always remember the good times and there were a lot. my final team I had when I said goodbye were probably the closest bunch of friends and colleagues I have had the pleasure of working with.

jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment